ESO / Safety Advisor
Job no: 494265
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL's unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation, to name a few.
To support the Company’s ongoing growth and operational success, we are currently seeking an experienced ESO & Safety Advisor for our Carina mine site.
Reporting to the site Senior Safety Advisor, this role will be responsible for providing comprehensive safety, medical and emergency response services, whilst supporting other safety and training activities across the mining operations.
Whilst you will need to be well-versed in providing paramedical services when required, your role will primarily consist of providing day-to-day safety advisory assistance across the site. You will also be required to facilitate safety training to staff, and assist in the development and delivery of this training.
These roles will be working a FIFO 2:1 roster from Perth, with the expectation that both day and night shift rosters may be applicable to assist the mining operations in meeting their operational requirements.
As an experienced safety professional, your duties will include:
- Facilitate and participate in daily safety inspections, and assist the Site Manager with safety audits
- Participate in the management of emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment, ensuring they are kept to regulation standard
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff
- Complete reporting for all HSET incidents and occurrences
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with, and promote, site standards with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures to HSET
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
But above all else, you will have a passion for your field with a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done!
- Demonstrated experience in an ESO and Safety Advisor role
- Certificate IV in Health (Ambulance) or a Diploma in Paramedical Science (required)
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (required)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessing will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Certificate IV in Workplace Healthy and Safety (desirable)
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to import knowledge, coach and mentor others
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Work for an organisation with a first class reputation in camp and food, in the Pilbara and Goldfields region
- Be part of a high performing crew
- Diverse and 'hands on' work environment
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this role, apply now for a confidential discussion with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Previous applicants need not reapply
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the internal MRL Employee Referral Program
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend