Job no: 494411
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour
MRL has established a carbon fibre manufacturing facility with the core focus of manufacturing structural components for mining and mining construction applications. We manufacture structural components from carbon fibre composites using automated robotic technology.
We are currently seeking Composite Technicians to join our development team on a full time basis.
This is your opportunity to work with an innovative and forward-thinking team, at the forefront of technical advances in the mining and associated industries.
The main focus of the role will be to ensure the high quality production of carbon composite materials, to meet the team targets and deadlines.
- Prepare, assemble, demold, and bond components and parts
- Effectively use required tools and equipment to perform production operations
- Immediately report discrepancies, quality problems and non-conformances
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of five years' experience in a composites manufacturing environment, experience within the marine or similar industry would be highly desirable
- Experience with carbon materials and composite materials
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and equipment for modification, fabrication and repair
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A "can do attitude" and flexible approach in the workplace
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings
- Commitment to working safely
- Be part of a world first development project
- Immediate start
- Opportunity to work under the Mineral Resources umbrella of companies
- Hourly rate + penalties
- 10 -12 hours work per day
MRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.
This role is eligible for the MRL referral program
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend