Senior Safety Advisor
Job no: 494413
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Operating under our Build-Own-Operate structure, we are able to effectively design, build, manufacture, operate and maintain our own services which means less red-tape, and more action on the ground to keep projects moving.
The Role & The Team
As a growing and innovative business, we are continuously looking to challenge ourselves and are currently seeking an experience Senior Safety Advisor to lead the team at Carina.
With a solid background in safety management in the mining industry, you will be accountable for the coordination and oversee all safety aspects on site, including monitoring of auditing and inspection related activities.
As a strong mentor and leader, you will not be afraid to roll your sleeves up and dig in to help the team when required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all site personnel on health, safety and training requirements
- Oversee internal safety audits and compile relevant reports and action plans
- Ensure site operations are operating in accordance with applicable legislative requirements
- Analysis and interpretation of data trends, and provide innovative solutions to workplace incidents
- New employee inductions and training
- Carry out work place inspections, JSA’s and procedural compliance audits
- Overseeing the fitness for work and injury management programs for site
Your Experience & Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety
- Extensive knowledge of WA safety and environmental legislation, policies and practices
- Hold or be willing to obtain a qualification Training and Assessing
- Extensive experience in accident and injury investigation procedures
- Well-developed report writing and analytical skills
- Superior interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership and encouraging teamwork
- Work for a progressive organisation which is not afraid of change to continually improve
- Be part of a safe and high performing business with a focus on internal promotion
- A diverse and hands on work environment with opportunity for career expansion
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
If you feel that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our friendly Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal employee referral program
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend