Process Engineer - Oil & Gas
Job no: 494553
Work type: Full Time
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL's unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
MRL remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
This is an exciting permanent role based at the Applecross office for a Process Engineer – Oil & Gas to join our expanding Energy division. This role represents a unique opportunity to work in a small dynamic team to assist in the rapid growth of a vertically integrated Energy Business within MRL. A key project you would be supporting would be the development and installation of a small-scale LNG plant to fuel our remote LNG Power Generation business. Work would be hands-on and dynamic and our focus on alternate, greener, energy sources underpins our vision for which you would belong.
- Support the Principal Process Engineer on all projects, studies and tenders:
- Use process simulation software to develop H&MBs and for supporting calculations
- Develop inhouse design documentation e.g. PFDs, PIDs, Cause and Effects, Calculations, Reports, etc.
- Design in accordance with AS and International standards (eg. PSVs to API 520)
- Prepare material requisitions, equipment specifications and data sheets
- Review and approve vendor documentation
- Priorities and schedule process engineering activities
- Participate and assist in closing-out multi-discipline HAZOP reviews
- Direct junior engineers and designers
- Work within a multidisciplinary team and support all functions as may be required
- Assist in developing process engineering standards for the Mineral Resources Energy
- Support continuous improvement and a learning environment within the Energy group
- Support Operations as required on a day to day basis
- Project Engineering/Coordination work as required to execute a project
- Mentor graduate process engineers
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 - 10 years' experience in the engineering / oil and gas industry
- Significant Detailed Design experience
- Some commissioning experience preferred, but not essential
- Good knowledge of Australian and International Standards used in process design
- A genuine “Safety in Design” focus. Experience in HAZIDs/HAZOPs/LOPAs
- A good grasp of process engineering hydraulics using simulators/spreadsheets
- Capable of working 'hands on' to support operations, construction and commissioning as required
- Able to travel to remote sites as required
MRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend