Job no: 494560
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical, Surveying
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
The Role & The Team
As a growing and innovative business, we are continuously looking to challenge ourselves and are currently seeking a self-motivated Mine Surveyor to join our growing Mt Marion team!
Operating under our Build-Own-Operate structure, we are able to effectively design, build, manufacture, operate and maintain our own services which means less red-tape, and more action on the ground to keep projects moving.
Still interested…? Read on!
As a Grade-2 authorised Surveyor, your primary responsibility will be to undertake survey control for the mining operation, whilst complying with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Demarcation of Clearing and Ground Disturbance Permit areas
- End of month reconciliation of all stockpiles, Pit and ROM volumes
- Set out Pit limits and TBM’s
- Measuring quantities of material blasted
- Surveying mine configuration
- Mark up and pick up of blast and exploration drill holes and patterns
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
Your Experience & Skills
- Tertiary qualifications or Diploma in Mine Surveying or Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience working in a similar environment
- Demonstrated experience with stockpile volume surveying and end of month reconciliations
- Experience using Surpac, Leica GPC or Total Stations will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience using Trimble survey equipment
- Competence with the Microsoft Office Suite
- WA C Class Drivers Licence
- Work for a progressive organisation which is not afraid of change to continually improve
- Be part of a safe and high performing business with a focus on internal promotion
- A diverse and hands on work environment with opportunity for career expansion
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
If you feel that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our friendly Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal employee referral program
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend