Marketing & Shipping Documentation Officer
Job no: 494882
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Administration, Logistics / Transport, Shipping / Sales
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Ground breaking innovation is at the heart of MRL’s culture and is key to our enduring success. With a 1,600 strong growing workforce, a market capitalisation of $3Bn, revenue for FY17 of $1.46Bn, and a best in industry safety record, MRL will not only continue to provide exciting job prospects, it will also offer you the opportunity to start and finish your career with us.
The Role & The Team
As a growing and innovative business, we are continuously looking to challenge ourselves and are seeking a self-motivated individual to be our newest Marketing & Shipping Documentation Officer.
Based in our Head Office in Applecross with access to on-site parking and close proximity to public transport, you will hold significant experience in the preparation of Letters of Credit (“LC”) in accordance with contractual terms and obligations.
With a solid understanding of international trade and incoterms, you will be fluent in Mandarin to assist in your dealings with our overseas clients.
Your Responsibilities & Duties
- Negotiation of LC drafts with LC applicants
- Preparation and negotiation of documents under LC, and ensure full compliance with T&C’s
- Presentation of documents within strict deadlines for banks
- Input and maintenance of job registers to monitor and track receivables and payment schedules
- Close liaison with buyers to update on vessel nomination, movements and loading statuses, including all cargo discharge matters
- Update sales and shipment data on a daily basis
- Assist with preparation of cash flow and sales report for EOM reporting
- Other general operational tasks as requested by the General Manager
Your Experience & Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in International Trade, Marketing or Business
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- Significantly demonstrated experience in a similar role in the mining industry
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of international trade and incoterms
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The Benefits & Good Bits
- Work in a supportive team environment, backed by a well-respected General Manager
- Access to an experienced and supportive Senior Business Management team
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture
- And most importantly, work in close proximity to the best coffee house in Perth! (but we’re biased…)
If you feel that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our friendly Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the internal MRL referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend