Drill & Blast Engineer
Job no: 494908
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an innovative and leading Australian mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations including our Wodgina Lithium mine.
With a projected 43 years life of mine and resources totalling over 200 million tonnes, we are embarking on a major expansion of our Pilbara-based Wodgina Lithium site which will see a significant mine expansion, construction of a new processing plant, the arrival of major mobile fleet including new PC7000 and EX3600 excavators and the development of significant new non-process infrastructure, operational by mid-2018.
Backed by an experienced leadership team, supportive senior management and a strong safety record, we continue to provide a workplace that is both stimulating and rewarding that allows individuals to learn and grow within an environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship. As leaders in our field, we recognise the significant contributions our people make and the ideas they bring.
As a result of this continued expansion we require an experienced Drill & Blast Engineers to work in partnership with our existing team to deliver on our Wodgina lithium mining schedule. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
The Purpose of the Role
A new, site based role you will be responsible carrying out drill & blast design. In addition to providing drill & blast designs and schedules, you will provide technical advice to the drill & blast production team in a complex and challenging resource.
You will drive continuous improvements working in a fast paced operations environment and have the ability to adapt quickly to change.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years mine engineering experience, inclusive of drill and blast in an open pit environment and contractor experience
- Proficient with Surpac
- Drivers licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A focus on safety and environmental practices
- Lead by example in safety and wellness to ensure a culture of zero harm is maintained
What can we offer YOU:
- Expanding portfolio of diverse work across a truly innovative organisation
- Access to an experienced and supportive Senior Business Management team with minimal red tape that allows you to drive and achieve outcomes
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture backed by clear values
- Opportunity to truly define and own a unique role that you can call your own
- Be a part of the world’s largest Lithium mine
Sound like something of interest? Click the ‘APPLY’ button now to make your application.
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend