Mechanical Supervisor - Heavy Fitting Workshop
Job no: 494924
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour, Supervision
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Ground breaking innovation is at the heart of MRL’s culture and is key to our enduring success. With a 1,600 strong growing workforce, a market capitalisation of $3Bn, revenue for FY17 of $1.46Bn, and a best in industry safety record, MRL will not only continue to provide exciting job prospects, it will also offer you the opportunity to start and finish your career with us.
The Role & The Team
As a growing and innovative business, we are continuously looking to challenge ourselves and are seeking a suitably experienced Mechanical Supervisor - Heavy Fitting Workshop to join our Kwinana workshop.
Leading from the front, this pivotal role will be required to lead and develop a team of competent maintenance personnel to provide first-class services in care and maintenance across MRL’s plant and equipment, all the while ensuring outstanding customer service and execution of site repairs, manufacturing and assembly work.
Your Responsibilities & Duties
- In conjunction with the site General Manager and Leadership team, ensure WIP is being adhered to whilst managing unscheduled breaks in work
- Foster a close working relationship with the Planners and Schedulers to accurately report on costs, hours and labour usage
- Review of efficiency of costs and labour usage
- Provide training, mentoring and leadership to the Kwinana workshop team
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service, and the development of safe work procedures
Your Experience & Skills
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Significant demonstrated experience as a Mechanical Supervisor in a workshop environment with heavy machinery
- Planning and cost control experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Metso’s suite of crushers, JCI screens and general plant conveyors
- Experience leading and mentoring a large team
- Working knowledge and comprehensive understanding of Australian Standards and Codes relevant to the fabrication of crushing assets
The Benefits & Good Bits
- Work in a supportive team environment, backed by a well-respected General Manager
- Access to an experienced and supportive Senior Business Management team
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture
- Diverse and 'hands on' work environment
If you feel that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our friendly Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Interviews will be held at our Kwinana Workshop.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the internal MRL referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend