Senior Project Controls Engineer
Job no: 496447
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Engineering, Project Controls
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2018 and into 2019, we are seeking an experienced Senior Project Controls Engineer to join our Applecross based team in this newly created role.
Reporting to our Project Controls Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that effective project controls measures are incorporated into all phases of construction across a variety of large scale, and smaller projects. This will include measuring costs, scheduling, forecasting and risk management.
With demonstrated experience in a similar role within a construction environment, you will be proactive and self-motivated with a high level of individual initial to be able to work autonomously, whilst developing relationships with key stakeholders across the wider business.
What we expect from YOU
- Providing timely analysis and reporting of project costs, schedules, progress measurement and control trends to ensure project status is assessed regularly, and problem areas are identified quickly
- Provide timely change management expertise to the Projects Team and maintaining compliance with Project Management of Change process and ensure the cost and schedule is within approved budget
- Work in close consultation with Cost Engineers, Planners and Project Team members to support project forecasting
- Provide concise Work Breakdown Structures for budgets, forecasts, cash flows and dashboard for control documents
- Prepare contract and procurement plans, including tender documents to ensure integrity of data for tender evaluation and cost allocation
- Provide recommendations for corrective actions within budget and schedule
- Compile cost estimates for claims
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of systems and processes to assist in management decisions and help improve efficiencies
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications or Diploma in Engineering will be beneficial, but not essential
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Senior Projects Control Engineer role within the construction or mining industry
- Advanced user of Primavera P6, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff and management
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend