Job no: 496448
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Engineering, Project Controls, Strategy and Development
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2018 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Senior Planner to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Project Controls Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage the planning of all projects across MRL construction projects.
With a comprehensive background in construction environments, you will primarily be responsible for the development of project execution plans for MRL sites and key focus of your role will be to prepare and assess detailed project plans for all stages and facets for successful project outcome in terms of time and cost.
Based in Perth, with visits to site as required, this new role will require you to act as the custodian of the all project schedules, and will be accountable for providing accurate and supporting documentation to allow the project team to effectively deliver and execute on project scope of works.
What we expect from YOU
- Development and maintenance of project plans and schedule project plans and schedules (fully logic linked with a critical path) to enable performance analysis to be carried out for engineering, procurement and construction phases, in conjunction with the project manager and project team members
- Development and maintenance of project resource requirements, progress curves/ histograms/ dashboard for the various phases of projects including engineering, project management, procurement and construction, and for each of the engineering disciplines
- Provide support and assistance to the project in order to enable the team to update progress against baseline schedules, monitor pinch-points on the critical path, review variances and test and change logic where previously agreed to either improve upon the baseline program or to mitigate potential delays
- Manage and incorporate change events into the construction program in a timely manner
- Prepare short-term programs in conjunction with the project team where required.
- Define, establish and implement processes for earned value management and productivity charts (SPI, CPI)
- Develop Basis of Schedule, Progress Measurement System, KPI’s for the project
- Produce and issue regular updates to project plans and schedules.
- Identify construction work interfaces by between contracts and trade categories and minimise where possible.
- Liaise between project and operational teams to ensure everyone is aware of planning schedules, and any changes are communicated effectively
- Analyse project plans and schedules to identify potential impacts, including conducting scheduled risk analysis processes and promptly notifying the project team of any foreseeable issues or concerns
- Lead a team of planners working on assigned projects
- Liaise with other planners within the team and share responsibilities as appropriate to deliver an effective planning service to Stakeholders.
- Introduce improvements and innovations where appropriate.
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- At least 15+ years’ experience in Planning role, and 7+ years as Senior Planner
- Competent in use of Primavera P6 software (essential)
- Construction related experience, including site experience, knowledge of the construction trades and tools involved, industry standards and usage
- Good attention to detail with the ability to work towards challenging deadlines
- Experience in analysing project schedule and budget performance, utilising sound schedule quality metrics and schedule risk analysis techniques
- Design office experience, though not essential, but should have understanding engineering tasks and sequences involved in progressing the design in each discipline and the information and work flow interfaces between engineering disciplines, procurement and construction
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend