Electrical Site Engineer
Job no: 496624
Work type: Fixed Term - Project
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued expansion across the business, we are seeking an experienced electrical professional to join our Site based team at Wodgina on a 3/1 roster.
Reporting to our Electrical Manager, your primary responsibility will be providing engineering support in the field along with overseeing QA for installation and oversight in the design process on site. You would ideally be trade qualified as the role will be hands on with the majority of time spent in the field to provide technical support.
What we expect from YOU
- Provide a focal point for all technical based queries from the field Construction team and various vendors
- Assist in the oversight of Project document and drawing control
- Ensure Company procedures are adhered too for all design and engineering process
- Liaise with both in-house and external designers and detailers as required for the successful completion of design
- Review and plan projects with the Project Manager - Electrical and other key Construction, commissioning and field Management
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety is the most important factor, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Hold current electrical trade qualification or Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
- 5 + years' experience in a similar role within the Mining Construction environment
- Capable of working 'hands on' to support operations, construction and commissioning as required
- Strong understanding of relevant Australian standards, International standards and the WA Mines Safety and Inspection regulations
- Understanding of Hazardous Area Classification and the correct application of electrical equipment within these areas
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend