Job no: 497803
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2018 and beyond, we are seeking several high performing Laboratory Technician's to work in 2/1 roster as part of our new crushing team at Wodgina.
Reporting to our Laboratory Supervisor, your primary responsibility will be to ensure day-to-day operational laboratory activities and complied with MRL’s operational standard and completed in an appropriate, accurate and timely manner.
What we expect from YOU
- Responsible for sample preparation including sorting, weighing, drying, crushing, splitting, sizing and pulverizing, sample analysis and maintenance of equipment
- Safe handling of chemicals and test work samples
- Assisting with plant sampling
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in both the sample preparation and analytical laboratories
- Ensure daily workloads are planned to meet daily deadlines for the turnaround of results
What YOU will bring
- Certificate or diploma in laboratory field (desirable but not essential)
- Graduate Chemist is welcomed.
- 2+ years’ experience in a laboratory and/or beneficiation plant
- Experience in any of the following areas (or exposure to) – sample prep, CLAS, AAS and XRF
- Unrestricted WA drivers licence
- Having an understanding of quality assurance and quality control protocols with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to multi task and have methodical, well organised approach to any work
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend