Heritage and Land Access Officer
Job no: 497939
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into, we are seeking an experienced Heritage and Land Access Officer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Land Access Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage MRL’s Aboriginal heritage and Land Access obligations at a statutory level.
With a demonstrated background in within a similar role, you will have extensive heritage and land access experience and be able to communicate on all levels.
What we expect from YOU
- Be the first point of contact and develop positive relationships with Traditional Owners
- Coordination and management of all heritage surveys, including attendance at surveys on behalf of MRL, and all financial and administrative requirements
- Provide assistance to the Land Access Manager and the Senior Tenure Advisor in the negotiation of heritage and other land access agreements
- Maintenance and management of the register of obligations and native title agreements
- Provide the wider Company with advise in relation to all heritage related matters
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Arts or Science with a major in Cultural Heritage Studies, Indigenous Studies, Anthropology, Environment or similar
- Highly developed English language competency skills
- Demonstrated experience with web based systems such as DMIRS, DAA and NNTT
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act
- Working knowledge of the Mining Act and Regulations
- Significant Experience in conducting heritage surveys
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend