Electrician - (Fixed Plant) Wodgina Lithium Crushing
Job no: 497953
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour
Mineral Resources is an innovative and leading mining services company with a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities, including iron ore and lithium.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for full time permanent Electricians to join the MRL family at the Wodgina Lithium Dry Crushing Plant in the Pilbara. The Electrician is responsible for executing all day to day assigned maintenance activities and isolations which include the weekly planned and scheduled work, shutdown maintenance, breakdowns, clean up and operating activities.
What MRL offers:
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts, novated leasing, health club discounts and salary sacrificing options for both superannuation and interstate flights+ much more!
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years. Not to mention Industry-leading food provided at camp - run by MRL's own chefs
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities supported by a dedicated and skilled leadership team supporting your development.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for:
- Electrical Trade Certificate and WA Electrical License
- High Voltage Switching certificate
- LV Rescue certificate
- CPR & First Aid certificate
- Instrumentation Certificate (desirable) with past experience in working on control systems and instrumentation
- High Risk Work License - EWP, Basic Rigging (desirable)
- Current Working at Heights, Confined Space and Atmospheric Gas Testing (within 2 years)
- Current and valid manual driver’s license with current working rights in Australia
- Respond to breakdown activities ensuring plant is returned to an operational status as efficiently as possible including testing and tagging of equipment
- Complete any statutory work as per AS3000 regulatory requirements
- PLC fault finding
- Experience with Variable Speed Drive maintenance (VSD)
- Instrumentation work – Flow meters, tilt and pressure switches, bin level devices and belt drift switches
- Conduct fault finding activities as required for electrical and instrumentation defects
- Execute the electrical weekly schedule targeting a high level of schedule compliance
- Develop quality and accurate HV switching programs as required
- Collaborate with the planning team to ensure preventative strategies deliver high levels of reliability for high voltage, electrical, instrumentation and refrigeration equipment
- Accurately report issues to the Supervisor to support decision making processes
- Accurately record all parts usage in the company systems (ie requisitioned) before taking them from their storage locations
The Finer Details:
- 2/1 roster (days & nights, and days only available)
- 12-12.5 hours per shift
- FIFO from Perth or local DIDO
- Competitive annual salary + Super
- New crushing plant – direct crushing from the Pit to 4ml product
- Direct flight to site estimated to commence Aug/Sept 2019
- Brand new gym, tavern, & camp upgrade - including industry leading food!
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend