Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 498001
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Project / Mine Management, Engineering
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
MRL has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Readiness Engineer/ Senior Mining Engineer to be a part of MRL's, Kumina operation, located in the Pilbara. This unique role offers:
- A dynamic and personable work environment
- The opportunity to be involved in a project from study phase through to operations
- Involvement with all key stakeholders in the project, construction and operations stages
- Perth based role for a minimum of 12 months, later transitioning to an operational site role
The Senior Mining Engineer reports directly to the Kumina Project Manager and will initially be Perth based with occasional site visits.
What we expect from YOU
- Demonstrate and instill an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Set and clearly communicate targets and expectations aligned with project and business objectives.
- Accountabilities for the role include working with key stakeholders to ensure key project milestones are met.
- Participation in the preparation of the project business plan and accountability for execution and meeting or exceeding the plan in all relevant areas
- Fortnightly summary reports and team meetings to ensure project progress is communicated and reviewed by key stakeholders and the senior management team up to COO level.
What YOU will bring
- A tertiary qualification in the Mine Engineering
- 7 – 10 years' mine operations experience in the resources industry, in a bulk commodity (preferably Iron Ore)
- Competency with major recognized mining design and scheduling software
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and a positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic management systems
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of relevant costs and analyse to achieve optimal outcomes
- Identify, quantify and manage risks and opportunities across all areas of responsibility
- Competence in MS Project (or similar), and strong report writing skills
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this role, apply now for a confidential discussion with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal employee referral program
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend