Training Supervisor (Proficiency)
Job no: 498043
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment, Supervision
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking an experienced Training Supervisor to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Training Superintendent, your primary responsibility will be to identify and implement training and proficiency initiatives across our business with the aim to increase production, reduce maintenance and reduce risk.
With a demonstrated background in training and proficiency, as well as the ability to manage a small team of Trainers, you will be pivotal in ensuring we have full utilisation and distribution of the training team across our WA based sites to drive training and proficiency initiatives.
What we expect from YOU
- In conjunction with Project Managers and Site Supervisors, analyse and identify process inefficiencies, whilst creating and implementing corrective actions and procedures
- Develop a Proficiency Framework for the business which will include metrics and reports to measure Operator skill levels
- Develop and implement action plans to improve safety, productivity, time efficiency and Operator skill level, specific to each site and their individual requirements
- Identify and correct safety actions relating to training and proficiency techniques
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Training Superintendent
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- Demonstrated experience in a training and proficiency environment, whilst leading a team of professionals in a remote mining environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of mining operations, optimisation and efficiencies
- Highly developed communication skills, along with the ability to lead, coach and mentor all levels of staff and management in best practice safety procedures
- High level of computer literacy
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend