Job no: 498130
Work type: Full Time
Location: Pilbara, Metro, Goldfields
Categories: Trades & Labour, Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking a suitably experience Proficiency Trainers to join our Mining team.
Reporting to our Training Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing our frontline mining operations with the tools and knowledge in operational efficiency to drive continuous improvement across the site. You will enjoy engaging with a wide range of personnel, whilst also holding firsthand knowledge of the operation of excavators and dump trucks.
Working primarily with our Operators, you will be instrumental in reviewing our fleet efficiency and identify mine optimisation through comprehensive analysis and on the ground reporting. With a demonstrated background working in open pit mining environments, you will have a passion for efficiency whilst also ensuring safety is never compromised.
What we expect from YOU
- Provide on the ground support to help you to identify fuel efficiencies, reducing fleet wear and tear of plant and equipment, load optimisation and minimising downtime
- Become an instrumental part of our WA based teams by performing a variety of proficiency based activities and assessments for our Operators
- Provide analysis and reporting on the identification of proficiency-lacking activities to the Site Manager, and the wider training team
- Develop and implement proficiency training to our Operators
- Continuous improvement through the consistent review of Operators and other personnel across site
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Significant demonstrated experience working directly with mining, heavy mobile plant equipment
- Previous experience and exposure to working on excavators and dump trucks is essential
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering proficiency training to frontline staff
- Highly developed computer literacy skills, and communication skills
- Proven ability to work proactively with mine control and plant operators, to drive a safe and proficient front line mining operation
- Hold a current C Class WA Drivers Licence
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will be beneficial to the success of this role
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend