Job no: 498137
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
To support our Goldfields based Koolyanobbing Iron Ore Project we are seeking a diligent Mine Geologist to join the team.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, this role will work in conjunction with the Technical Services team and hold accountability for the undertaking and supervision of daily grade control activities across the project.
What we expect from YOU
- Manage ROM stockpiles/blending and product haulage
- Ore mark ups and ore spotting
- Database management and data entry
- EOM reporting and reconciliations
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
- Supervise grade control blast hole sampling process
- Interpretation and design of mining ore blocks
- Geological pit mapping
- Supervision of pit technicians
- Assist or carry out any other duties requested by the Senior Mine Geologist
What YOU will bring
- A strong commitment to a zero harm safety culture
- Tertiary qualification in geology
- Previous experience in an active mining operation
- Current WA C Class Driver’s License (Manual)
- High level of computer literacy (Experience in Surpac would be beneficial)
- Demonstrated strong skills in report writing, spread sheets and databases
- Excellent time management skills
- Displays a "can do attitude" and a flexible approach to work
- Shows respect for all stakeholders, and builds solid working relationships
- Continually seeks to improve processes and looks for better ways of doing things
- Work independently as well as part of the Mining team
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend