Job no: 498143
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking an experienced Roving Crushing Mechanical & Production Supervisors to join our Mobile Crushing site based team.
Due to contract award we will require candidates that are available within 1 week of commencement.
Reporting to our Site Superintendent and working a 2:1 roster, your primary responsibility will be the management and control of the crushing plant, ensuring that operational outcomes including safety, quality, performance and cost are achieved.
With a demonstrated background in leading small teams within a mobile crushing environment, you will well versed in efficiently utilising parts, equipment and effective management of internal labour resources.
What we expect from YOU
- Manage, control and supervise the production teams and establish a committed and focused team arrangement
- Monitor the skills and performance of production personnel and provide advice, training and direction to ensure the crushing team meets all necessary performance objectives
- Coordinate planned and unplanned maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Manage responses to breakdown activities ensuring plant is returned to an operational status as efficiently as possible
- Promote cost control and positively contribute to budget and production targets
- Ensure all incidents are reported correctly
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and risk identification processes
- Support the development of and champion new safety initiatives
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- A Mechanical Trade Qualification (Desirable)
- Section 44 and Front Line Leadership Training
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory position, with significant exposure working within a crushing plant, or similar fixed processing plant environment
- Significant experience in leading teams in a remote environment
- Valid Rio Inductions
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend