Maintenance Mechanical Fitter / Operator
Job no: 498152
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking experienced Maintenance Mechanical Fitters / Operators to join our roving Mobile Crushing site based team.
Due to contract award we will require candidates that are available within 1 week of commencement.
Reporting to our MCP Site Manager and working a 2:1 shift roster, your primary responsibility will be the management and control of the crushing & screening stemming plant, ensuring that operational outcomes including safety, quality, performance and cost are achieved.
With a demonstrated background in leading small teams within a mobile crushing environment, you will well versed in efficiently utilising parts, equipment and effective management of internal labour resources.
What we expect from YOU
- Performing preventative maintenance on the plant
- Operate mobile plant – CAT 980 & Komatsu WA500 loaders
- Operation of mobile crushing plant
- Repairs to mobile crushing & screening plant, daily inspections, mandatory and statutory inspections
- General mobile crushing & screening plant operations duties
- Ensure all incidents are reported correctly
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and risk identification processes
- Support the development of and champion new safety initiatives
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Trade Certificate – Mechanical
- Front End Loader Ticket (Desirable)
- Confined Spaces, Working Safely at Heights, Gas Test
- RTIO Iron Ore Essentials (Mandatory)
- RTIO Personal Isolation Officer (Mandatory)
- RTIO Electrical Worker’s Competency (Mandatory)
- HR driver’s license is desirable (C Class required)
- Minimum 2yrs experience working on mobile crushing/ screening plants
- Experience working with Terrex Finlay screens, Kleemann jaw and cone crushers and telestackers
- Previous experience working in a mobile crushing and screening environment including the operation of the mobile crushing plant
- Previous production loader operations highly advantageous, however candidates with minimal loader experience will still be considered
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend