Job no: 498157
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2019 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Designer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer, your primary responsibility will be designing and producing electrical design drawings for mining based applications to ensure that they achieve the design outcomes appropriate to the quality, budget and program as agreed by the business.
Based in Applecross, this role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
What we expect from YOU
- Proficiency to produce design drawings in a timely manner using AutoCAD.
- Work with engineers to ensure all deliverables and design criteria are met in accordance with the project expectations and safety in design requirements.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed drawings for engineering projects and ensure project work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works.
- Ensure all electrical design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure electrical design drawings for engineering projects are completed on time and within budget.
- End to end design; from initial concept drawings to completing as built drawings.
- Reference Australian standards when producing detailed drawings.
- Contribute to electrical design reviews.
- Manage external contract drafting teams if required.
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service.
What YOU will bring
- Demonstrable experience as an electrical designer in the mining or a heavy industry.
- Electrical Trades experience is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge and application of current design and detail drafting standards, specifications and codes.
- AutoCAD certification or similar drafting software.
- Knowledge of CAD design packages.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend