External Repairs Supervisor
Job no: 498260
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour, Supervision, Asset Management
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth at our Kwinana Workshop, we are seeking an experienced External Repairs Supervisor to join the team. This role will predominately be based in Kwinana on a Monday to Friday basis however you will be required to attend site as per business requirements.
As the point of contact for MRL Preferred Suppliers, the External Repairs Supervisor is responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of all matters relating to External Repairs and rotables – including the scope, scheduling, pricing and invoicing of the work required at MRL standards, whilst ensuring that the suppliers repair and service requirements are achieved with agreed timeframe and budget.
Paramount to the functionality of this position is a requirement to ensure that the high quality of repairs is carried out to meet MRL’s expectations and innovation. A positive and active leader is needed to ensure a close and working relationship both with the AMG team and the supplier is in place and maintained.
What we expect from YOU
- Manage the External Repairs and rotables work to ensure this is carried out in a timely manner and to MRL’s expectations
- Work closely with the Field Service Department and internal customer’s
- Conduct regular meetings with suppliers to ensure obligations are met, and to communicate progress and improvements required
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with suppliers
- Ensure monthly and weekly reports are produced on a timely basis
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Plant Mechanic trade certificate with a minimum of 6 years post trade experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage fluctuating workloads and prioritise accordingly
- Advanced stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information quickly
- A strong understanding of Mineral Resource’s safe systems of work
- Working knowledge of MS office, Excel, Project, Pronto and Coupa
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend