Senior Mine Geologist
Job no: 498267
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth throughout 2019, we are seeking an experienced Senior Mine Geologist to join our Wodgina based team.
Reporting to our Technical Services Superintendent, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the Geology department provides first class services to the Mining and Processing departments, whilst building and maintaining solid relationships and open lines of communication to ensure delivery is running in accordance with the mining plan.
This is a 9:5 roster ex-Perth.
What we expect from YOU
- Ensure appropriate geological and mining activity reports are compiled in a timely manner
- Effectively plan, prioritise and conduct grade control drilling and modelling
- Mentor Geologists and Pit Technicians in efficient grade control practices
- Conduct monthly reconciliation process Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Minimum 10 years post graduate geology experience, preferably within an open pit environment
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, report writing and communication skills
- High level administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of common resource software packages
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of staff and management
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend