Job no: 498291
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to increased workload at our Wodgina mine site in the Pilbara, we are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to join the team!
Reporting to our Senior HSE Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that we are meeting our environmental requirements for the site, whilst also being in line with internal environmental management systems, as well as government statutory requirements.
This role will be working back to back with our current Environmental Advisor on a 9:5 roster, ex-Perth. The role will require someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
What we expect from YOU
- Provide key guidance and assistance to all site operational areas, including greenfields and brownfields projects
- Manage our project clearing operations utilising the Site Disturbance Permit process
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant regulatory government and industry bodies
- Conduct thorough site inspections, hazard identifications, and incident and corrective actions, including terrestrial flora and fauna handling and management
- Assist in environmental rehabilitation projects
- Reporting as required
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science and/or Environmental Management
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar role within a mining or large construction operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of current statutory requirements, and hold relationships with relevant government bodies
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of safety and risk management, including previous flora and fauna handling skills
- Ability to liaise and influence at all levels of staff and management on site
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend