Environmental Advisor - Closure & Compliance
Job no: 498335
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment, Geology / Geotechnical
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to an increase of projects across WA, we are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor – Closure & Compliance, to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Senior Environmental Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive mine closure planning and compliance auditing for all MRL mine operations and exploration programs.
With a high degree of familiarity with environmental legislation and associated processes, you will also have demonstrated experience in liaising with a variety of government bodies and personnel coupled with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
What we expect from YOU
- Develop and obtain Regulatory approval for mine closure plans for both operational and legacy MRL sites
- Develop, implement and supervisor mine rehabilitation programs for both operational and legacy MRL sites
- Develop and maintain Closure Liability Assessments using the MRL Liability Estimation tool
- Be the lead for site rehabilitation and environmental compliance auditing and report findings both internally and externally
- Commission studies required to support and inform development of mine closure plans for both operational and legacy MRL sites
- Manage relevant monitoring programs to support rehabilitation and mine closure activities
- Ensure compliance with the MRL Indigenous Engagement Policy and relevant legislation to the extent these relate to matters of the environment or conservation of cultural heritage
- Assist in Traditional Owner relationship management and agreement implementation
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Environmental Science, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a mining environmental Compliance and Closure planning role
- Significant demonstrated experience with environmental management systems, monitoring and compliance
- Conversant with GIS or similar mapping software
- Demonstrated competency with water measurement instruments
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable environmental legislation and associated processes
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend