Senior Purchasing Officer
Job no: 498413
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking experienced Senior Purchasing Officers to join our Applecross based team based team.
Reporting to our Purchasing Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide a high quality of service across MRL sites through the sourcing and development of supply sources. This role will be based in our Applecross Head Office, however some site based travel may be required
With a demonstrated background in driving procurement process improvements and change, you will also have experience with the development and evaluation of tender quotations to encourage maximum innovation.
What we expect from YOU
- Ability to implement best practice procurement strategies
- Ability to interpret, analyse and present procurement data
- High level analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate, develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary or Diploma qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior purchasing/procurement role within the mining or energies industry
- Experience with mining related products and services essential
- Understanding of mining related activities and culture
- CIPS or APICS professional membership highly regarded
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend