Job no: 498432
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2019 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Mine Surveyor to join our Tom Price team.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent and working a 9:5 roster FIFO from Perth, your primary responsibility will be to undertake survey control for the mining operation, whilst complying with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations.
What we expect from YOU
- Demarcation of Clearing and Ground Disturbance Permit areas
- End of month reconciliation of all stockpiles, Pit and ROM volumes
- Set out Pit limits and TBM’s
- Measuring quantities of material blasted
- Surveying mine configuration
- Mark up and pick up of blast and exploration drill holes and patterns
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications or Diploma in Mine Surveying or Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience working in a similar environment
- Grade-2 Authorisation (Surveyor) will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience with stockpile volume surveying and end of month reconciliations
- Experience using Surpac, Leica GPC or Total Stations will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience using Trimble survey equipment
- Competence with the Microsoft Office Suite
- WA C Class Drivers Licence
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend