Job no: 498435
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth in Oil & Gas, we are seeking an experienced Senior Geophysicist to join our Energy team based in Applecross.
Reporting to our Exploration Manager, your primary responsibility for providing prospect and play based evaluation to all Perth Basin oil and gas permits.
The Senior Geophysicist is responsible for the generation, interpretation and evaluation of seismic and other subsurface data across the basin and makes a significant contribution to the ultimate resource assessment of identified plays and portfolio additions. A key accountability is also in the designing, planning and implementation of seismic programs and providing technical, geophysical advice, as required to non-technical staff and stakeholders.
What we expect from YOU
- Interpret and evaluate 2D and 3D seismic data to generate leads and concepts and matures leads to drillable prospects
- Play an active role in the preparation and review of well proposals and ensure fit for purpose formation evaluation programs
- Contribute and carry out own prospect resource mapping and risk assessments to achieve regular portfolio additions
- Provide for both tenements’ focussed to regional play based evaluation of all Perth Basin oil and gas permits and new venture opportunities
- Integrate geophysical and geological data interpretation, including depositional, structural and petroleum systems information
- Work with all staff to ensure the appropriate information is provided for Government and land owner approvals by ensuring highly accurate GIS mapping
- Complete detailed field reservoir mapping when necessary to support the construction of static and dynamic subsurface models and production profiles
What YOU will bring
- Geophysics or related geophysical tertiary qualifications
- 10 to 15 + years’ experience working in the Oil & Gas industry
- Proven track record in advanced 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and seismic data management
- Expert level Kingdom or DUG Insight seismic interpretation user (or equivalent) including latest seismic attribute analysis techniques (AVO, AVA, spectral decomp etc)
- Strong understanding of probabilistic volumetric analysis and risk assessment
- Knowledge of Perth Basin geology is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of oil and gas, onshore seismic and drilling operations
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend