Job no: 498491
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth across our Kwinana Workshop, we are seeking a highly experienced Safety Advisor to join our Kwinana Workshop based team.
Reporting to our Workshop Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive on-site support to our Workshop operation at both Kwinana and Bibra Lake, through the effective auditing of safety practices, and providing continuous improvement solutions which will help us meet our strategic business goals whilst remaining safe and compliant at all times.
As a self-starter with a demonstrated background working in a similar role within heavy industry, you will be able to excel in a highly autonomous environment, whilst also cultivating an inclusive and safety-aware culture.
Our Workshop is a multi-faceted environment so you will be well-versed in all requirements and practices around working at heights, hot works, confined space and high rise platforms, to name a few.
What we expect from YOU
- Ensure ongoing compliance of all site safety systems through regular auditing
- Develop, implement and maintain improvements to our safety systems, policies and procedures in conjunction with company requirements, and in liaison with our wider Safety team
- Make certain that all statutory requirements and standards are adhered to
- Develop and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety
- Demonstrated experience working as a Safety Advisor in a heavy industry environment
- Mining experience will be highly regarded, but is not an essential requirement for this role
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessing (2019 upgrade) will be beneficial but not essential
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including airline discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend