Job no: 498519
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued expansion across the business, we are seeking experienced and proactive Project Accountants to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Senior Management Accountant, your primary responsibility will be to drive continuous improvements to streamline processes and management reporting and maintain internal controls, including general journal and reconciliations.
With a tertiary qualification, backed with a CA/CPA qualification, you will have demonstrated experience in the mining/mining services industry and have the ability to provide assistance and support to site and internal stakeholders to cost, budget and report on projects
What we expect from YOU
- Prepare monthly management accountants including variance analysis and cost reviews meetings with operational managers
- Assist with budgets and periodic forecasts preparation
- Provide assistance in the financial audit process
- Ability to identify areas to implement process improvement
- Provide ad-hoc assistance as requested by the Senior Management Accountant, Financial Controller and the General Manager
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary and CA/CPA qualification
- Experience in mining/mining services industry
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience using Pronto
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend