Job no: 498520
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Senior Management Accountant, your primary responsibility will be to support our Mining Services division with the day to day running of accounting functions, including processing and reporting requirements.
As a strong communicator, you will be adept at providing a first class customer service to internal and external client’s alike, as well as handling accounts receivables management.
What we expect from YOU
- General ledger and bank reconciliations
- Account receivable and external client invoicing
- Cash flow monitoring, reporting and forecasting, including daily reporting
- Collation, interpretation and distribution of data for inter-company back charges and reconciliations
- Half year and end of year audit preparations and procedures including collation of documentation
- Inventory management
- Business improvement projects, as directed
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- Hold CA or CPA membership, or be actively working towards qualification
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular excel and word
- High degree of interpersonal skills
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities, ideal for a post graduate employee working towards their CA or CPA.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend