Drill and Blast Superintendent
Job no: 498573
Work type: Full Time
Location: Pilbara, Goldfields
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking Expressions of interest from experienced Drill and Blast Superintendent’s for upcoming works in the Pilbara.
Reporting to our Project Manager, this rare opportunity will assist in forming our site based Drill and Blast team.
Given the fast-paced nature of this role, the roles require someone with demonstrated experience working in an fast paced and Dynamic environment who is able to adapt quickly to change.
What we expect from YOU
- Provide technical support and supervision in relation to process improvement, mine design and geotechnical engineering
- Ensuring that operational capability and performance is maintained through appropriate selection of personnel, setting of clear accountabilities for all team members and effective performance management
- Carry out and report on QA/QC on the Drill and Blast Process
- Review and report compliance to plan for the various planning horizons
- Measure, review and report Drill and Blast performance against target KPI’s
- Ensure on site planning meets supply chain requirements for tonnes and grade
What YOU will bring
- Previous experience working in a leadership role within an open pit environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar
- Current Shot Firers ticket
- WA Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated understanding of the Mines safety & inspection Act and Regulations
- Current “C” class manual drivers licence
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend