Job no: 498578
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued expansion in our iron ore division, we are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor for our Koolyanobbing based site team.
Reporting to our Senior Environmental Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that we are meeting our environmental requirements for the site, whilst also being in line with internal environmental management systems, as well as government statutory requirements. Botany or similar experience will be highly regarded due to the prerequisites for flora monitoring being a large part of this role.
What we expect from YOU
- Provide key guidance and assistance to all site operational areas, including greenfield and brownfields projects
- Manage our project clearing operations utilising the Site Disturbance Permit process
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant regulatory government and industry bodies
- Conduct thorough site inspections, hazard identifications, and incident and corrective actions, including terrestrial flora and fauna handling and management
- Assist in environmental rehabilitation projects
- Compliance Reporting, as required
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science and/or Environmental Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within a mining or large construction operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of current statutory requirements, and hold relationships with relevant government bodies
- Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking vegetation surveys highly desirable
- Strong flora species knowledge and identification skills highly desirable
- Strong computer skills, with exposure to ArcGIS or similar mapping software highly desirable
- Ability to liaise and influence at all levels of staff and management on site
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend