Site Environmental Advisor - Koolyanobbing
Job no: 498578
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Environmental Advisor to join our team on a permanent basis. This FIFO role will work a 9:5 roster, based at our Koolyanobbing Project located in the Yilgarn region of Western Australia.
The key function for the role is to ensure that all environmental requirements relating to the operation of the site is achieved in a timely manner, and in line with the internal Environmental Management System and government statutory requirements. The role will be supported by the corporate based environmental team as required.
What we expect from YOU
- Conduct environmental monitoring (e.g. flora, fauna, dust, groundwater, waste) data entry, analysis and technical report preparation as per the relevant licence/permit requirements
- Coordinate all clearing activities under the site disturbance process and the management of disturbance data
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of the Environmental Management System including preparing management plans and procedures, as required
- Facilitate and/or participate in site inspections and audits, including external audits and assist in environmental incident investigations
- Compile and submit annual environmental reports, including but not limited to DOEE, DWER and DMIRS AER’s and CAR’s
- Management of environmental consultants and contractors
- Assist with the development of secondary statutory approvals, as required
- Liaise with external Regulatory bodies and other key stakeholders, as required
- Assist in the delivery of environmental training and awareness to project personnel
- Assist with rehabilitation work across the operations including landform construction and reshaping, seed collection and dispersal, monitoring and investigations
- Provide assistance with research trials and translocation activities for rare flora
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Environmental Science or Environmental Management
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role as an Environmental Advisor within mining operations
- Knowledge of GIS Systems (ArcGIS) and computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs
- Sound knowledge of applicable State and Federal environmental legislation
- Environmental auditing qualification and experience is highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to work in remote locations and work autonomously
- Fauna handling skills will be beneficial, but not essential
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend