Condition Monitoring Engineer
Job no: 498597
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour, Engineering
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Our Kwinana Crushing Services International team is continuing to grow in leaps and bounds, and as a result we are now seeking a suitably experienced Condition Monitoring Engineer to join the team! Due to the nature of this role, please be aware that your time will be divided between our Kwinana Workshop and our CSI sites, as required.
Reporting to our Senior Reliability Engineer, this newly created role will see you responsible for the overall improvement of equipment reliability and utilisation through accurate predictive condition monitoring techniques.
This is a start-up position where you will be required to undertake all the data collection, including Use Flux thermos Camera TX -580, Pictured in presentation, Vibration Machine is Emerson –AMS2140, and data analysis. As such, you will be a self-starter who relishes a challenge.
What we expect from YOU
- Conduct comprehensive condition monitoring activities including:
- Vibration analysis
- Oil analysis
- Magnetic particle inspection (possible future requirement)
- Dye penetration (possible future requirement)
- Trend all reading results to identify and highlight declining equipment
- Develop and write reports on analysis finding
- Raise work requests based on findings and trends with correct prioritisation and notify relevant personnel as required
- Identify sampling or monitoring points that are required and facilitate their implementation
- Maintain predictive monitoring equipment in a good condition including organising of calibration of such equipment (eg thermal camera, vibration sensors) and maintaining stock of thermal windows & accelerometers
- Work with the maintenance & central planners to develop condition monitoring plans to be included in the weekly schedules
- Develop a condition monitoring program that prioritises critical equipment and mitigates operational risk through equipment failure
- Work collaboratively with the company reliability engineering team to conduct root because analysis activates and identify practical corrective actions
- Identify improvement opportunities and facilitate their implementation
- Carry out education of site maintenance personnel
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Hold relevant Engineering degree, or trade qualification with relevant experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar position within a crushing and processing environment
- Demonstrated experience working with condition monitoring equipment and software, including the ability read and interpret drawings
- Famliiarisation of VA and Thermal machines will be highly beneficial
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend