Tenement Contract Officer
Job no: 498609
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Legal, Corporate Affairs / Community Relations
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth in our Technical Services division, we are seeking an experienced Tenement Contract Officer to join our head office based team.
Reporting to the Senior Tenure Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to assist in the management of the Company’s land access requirements, including compliance with contractual obligations.
Based in Applecross, this role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation as well as with external stakeholders.
What we expect from YOU
- Assisting in negotiation of land access, heritage and native title agreements including conferring with internal and external stakeholders across Mining and Oil and Gas businesses.
- Preparation and maintenance of a comprehensive database of contractual obligations under existing land access agreements entered into by the Company for mining and oil and gas tenure.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with obligations register
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in respect of contractual arrangements
- Maintenance of register of land access authorisations and management of requests for access to both mining tenure (where no separate tenure granted).
- Lodging objections to third party tenement applications, tracking dates for court appearances and preparing necessary documentation for administrative proceedings before the Mining Warden (non-contentious).
- Some travel for stakeholder engagement required, in particular to support field program for Oil and Gas business.
- Provide instruction to the Technical Services Administrator as required (primarily in respect of payment obligations).
What YOU will bring
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, a legal role or contracts administration.
- A tertiary qualification in Law or the like would be preferred.
- Experience working with document management systems.
- Exemplary attention to detail and time management skills.
- Sound experience in the drafting of agreements.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including flight discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend