Job no: 498656
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour, Design
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to an internal restructure and to assist us in our FY19/20 growth strategy, we require an experienced Estimator to join our Applecross based Mining Services team.
Reporting to our Commercial Manager – Mining Services, your primary responsibility will be the preparation and timely submission of tender documents, including the development of project estimates, execution schedules, and drafting of proposal documents.
With a background in in open pit mining, and crushing and process estimation, you will be astute enough to adapt to meet the challenging, changing needs of the business, whilst providing a first class service to your internal and external stakeholders by delivering a high quality of work.
What we expect from YOU
- Formulate project estimates and review tender documentation
- Interpretation and clarification of project/infrastructure design requirements
- Conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activity that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Produce estimation reports to a high quality degree which will include comprehensive information on machinery, material and labour requirements
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders to ensure client deadlines are met
- Assist with budget preparation based on the tender submission
- Assist operational finance teams with project set-up and job-cost-reporting structures to improve the quality of management financial reporting
- Support operational initiatives, analyse component and equipment trends and identify procurement savings opportunities to drive cost minimisation strategies and improve financial performance
- Establish site-based cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Significant demonstrated experience in the mining industry in an engineering, planning or site-based role
- A minimum of 5 years + experience in a similar role within in the mining industry
- Demonstrable experience in successfully completing start to finish tender/proposal estimation models
- Possess an advanced understanding of the development of estimation methodologies, identification of major cost components, performing bid evaluations and risk analysis
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office including strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with numbers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend