Job no: 498657
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement, Logistics / Transport
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Purchasing Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide a high quality of service across MRL sites through the sourcing and development of supply sources.
What we expect from YOU
- Processing electronic purchase requisitions
- Managing your internal and external client and supplier base requests and enquiries
- Preparation of requests for quotations for goods and services
- Source, select and negotiate best purchasing package for quality, price, terms, delivery and service with suppliers
- Expediting overdue orders, and communicate back to the business
- Identify cost saving efficiencies within the MRL purchasing process
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within an engineering or mining organisation
- Certificate III in Business, or other relevant area of study will be beneficial
- High degree of communication skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to effectively deal with high pressure environments and tight deadlines
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend