Design Engineer | Carbonart
Job no: 498674
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
With the transition to a low carbon world, we’re always looking at ways to produce more energy-efficient mining plant and equipment, not only for use on our own mine sites, but also to provide solutions for our clients through our mining services business. We are seeking individuals with aptitude, willingness to learn, a love for solving engineering challenges, world first solutions and desire to work with a team.
We are seeking experienced Design Engineers to join our Carbonart team based in Bibra Lake on a full time basis to support the development of the manufacturing process. This is a unique opportunity to develop first hand, one of a kind engineering solutions to an exciting part of the organisation.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be involved in the design and development of carbon fibre composite structures whilst also using other typical composite materials. You will also have the opportunity to design relevant tooling and machinery to support the manufacture of products. Working in a collaborative team of engineers, you will have the opportunity to follow designs through to the workshop, enabling you to see the development of your design through to inception with an in-house lab, to test samples and materials to produce engineering data and FEA software support for design optimisation
What we expect from YOU
- Create, develop and execute creative and innovative engineering designs
- Strong conceptual skills with strong mechanical intuition
- Ability to interpret information and business needs into accurate engineering drawings
- Ability to work with new materials and technologies
- Provide technicians with clear technical information via engineering drawings.
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Demonstrated experience post qualification in an industrial / automotive / product design environment or similar.
- Proven Solid works experience.
- Ability to create models from concept, identify and analyse primary functions
- Ability to continuously improve systems and designs
- Strong time management and organisation skills to ensure the tight project schedules and deliverables are met.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend