Senior Environmental Advisor - Approvals
Job no: 498721
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a newly created role has arisen for an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor – Approvals to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our Team Leader – Environment & Heritage, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive support and guidance for the delivery of environmental approvals (EPBC, EP Act Part IV and V and Mining Act) across our WA based sites and projects.
With demonstrated knowledge in current State and Federal environmental legislation, you will play an instrumental part in identifying and leading the process for gaining environmental approvals for our projects, in advance of required timeframes.
What we expect from YOU
- Ability to project manage the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process to ensure the timely delivery of regulatory approvals including developing Scope of Works, reviewing proposals and managing consultants.
- Significant experience in developing and authoring approvals under Parts IV and V of State environmental legislation as well as the Federal EPBC Act
- Develop and manage project schedules to ensure deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress
- Liaise with relevant external stakeholders to ensure all approvals are delivered on time
- Monitor and provide advice to the company on relevant environmental matters which may arise
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Bachelor degree or higher in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience working within an environmental approvals role in the mining industry
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of State and Federal environmental legislation
- Demonstrated success in Environmental Impact Assessment and project management
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office and GIS or similar mapping software. Use of Microsoft Project highly desirable.
- Highly developed stakeholder communication and engagement skills with the ability to lead and influence.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, a proactive approach to your work, and attention to detail.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including flight and shopping discounts, and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend