General Manager Project Development
Job no: 498742
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Executive, Strategy and Development
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple
A senior opportunity has arisen in our Management team for a General Manager – Project Development. The General Manager – Project Development will be responsible for the assessment and evaluation of new mining development opportunities for the organisation. In addition, the role will be accountable for exploration activity, environmental, heritage and native title regulatory approvals.
- Project and business opportunity identification, research and evaluation
- Assist and monitor the business development activity of other MRL operating Business Units
- Assist with commercial deal structuring, implementation and review
- New project planning, management and delivery to operating business units
- Operations, tenement and business development portfolio optimisation and strategy
- Assess merger and acquisition opportunities and complete project financial evaluation
- Lead feasibility study delivery and project management for various commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Executive team to evaluate potential growth opportunities
- Accountable for the management of all environmental and regulatory approvals
- Promote effective communication and relations with governments and local communities
- Support the development of projects through the development stage and if viable hand over to construction stage
- Develop and maintain appropriate stage gates for advancing projects
Key Role Requirements:
- Dynamic team member and leader who has an open communication style, shares information and contributes to a high performing work environment
- Thorough understanding of the mining industry, environmental and regulatory approvals
- Demonstrated ability to assess and evaluate new target opportunities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Geology
- Iron Ore commodity experience essential
- Strong understanding of WA mining related legislative requirements
- Diverse commodities experience preferred but not essential
If you have a successful track record in getting the best out of people and strong technical services experience, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
We want to hear from candidates that enjoy working in a dynamic business who will be able to make an immediate impact in this role.
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend