Project Manager / Registered Manager
Job no: 498749
Work type: Full Time
Location: Metro, Goldfields
Categories: Project / Mine Management
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple
A senior opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager / Registered Manager at our Mt Marion lithium mine in located in the Goldfields. The position will be responsible for all site activities and is expected to liaise effectively with external stakeholders. As a key team member you will play the lead role in managing both external and internal parties to achieve the company's goals in a safe, efficient and productive manner, whilst managing costs and delivering on budget. The management of the site personnel is crucial and a focus on continuous improvement and innovation is crucial.
- Drive, implement and ensures compliance to the Company Safety Management Systems and Programs.
- Development and management of a capable “owners” team to translate strategic imperatives into executable operating plans.
- Provide the site with leadership and direction in line with the company’s plans and objectives
- Optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards of the Mt Marion Lithium operation
- Ensures that plant, equipment, tools and the workshop/workplace housekeeping is maintained in an acceptable state.
- Maintain a high standard of personal safety, safety leadership and a commitment to the safety of fellow workers.
- Ensures all personnel are aware of their general Duty of Care and assists to guide them to work in a safe manner.
- Regularly inspects and audits the workplace.
- Establish and implement succession planning to ensure the mine has the people capability require to improve performance and expand.
- Demonstrated results in a similar role with a minimum of 10 years’ management experience
- Qualifications in Mining Engineering or Metallurgy OR demonstrated competence in a similar role.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in the resources industry, in site based roles, with well-developed people management skills
- Strong understanding of Safety and Environmental Management and a positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic management systems.
- Energetic and progressive personality with a genuine interest in the well being of all site residents.
- Demonstrated compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements
- WA Unrestricted Quarry Managers Ticket preferred
If you have a successful track record in getting the best out of people and strong technical experience, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
We want to hear from candidates that enjoy working in a dynamic business who will be able to make an immediate impact in this role.
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend