Senior Category Manager
Job no: 498768
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into 2019, we are seeking an experienced Senior Category Manager to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our General Manager - Procurement, your primary responsibility will be obtaining best pricing outcomes for the business and ensuring that all parties meet their contractual obligations and responsibilities as efficiently and effectively as possible. You will also be responsible for the implementation of procurement processes and ensure that they are in compliance with MRL policies and strategies.
With a demonstrated background in procurement, you will have previous experience in mining operations at a leadership level with significant commercial exposure relating to mineral processing and plant operations. You will be responsible for developing category plans including sourcing strategies, supplier agreements and cost saving initiatives
What we expect from YOU
- Analysis of plant requirements for cost saving and reduction strategies
- Developing and implementing sustainable procurement processes
- Facilitate the bidding processes
- Monitor and analyse contract performance against relevant benchmarks
- Recommend system and process improvements
- Conducting audits of potential and current suppliers
- Develop contract management tools
What YOU will bring
- Strong strategic procurement background in mining operations
- Sound experience in mechanical/electrical engineering or relevant trade around mineral processing
- Demonstrated experience in contract and supplier management related to mineral processing and mechanical plant
- Strong exposure to commercial aspects of plant operation
- Proven experience with dealing with parts and service suppliers in both OEM and after market areas
- Experience in estimating and tendering
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend