Senior Mining Engineer
Job no: 498828
Work type: Full Time
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2019 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Senior Mining Engineer’s to join our Koolyanobbing project located in the Goldfields.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, your primary responsibility will be to support our operational team in a dynamic work environment which requires you to roll up your sleeves and think on your feet.
Based on site working a 9:5 FIFO roster from Perth, this role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
What we expect from YOU
- Accountable for mine engineering and technical services duties on site.
- Routine operational reports will be required including but not limited to; daily, weekly, monthly, mine reconciliation reports, reserve block model/grade.
- Prepare 24 hour mining plans and deliver the plan to all stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of projects and their delivery to completion on time and on cost with no safety incidents.
- Assist mining by prioritising daily/weekly tasks to ensure continued effective mining operations.
- Manage the day to day relationship with and provide guidance to Mine Operations team.
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service.
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering.
- 3 years + of mine operations experience in the resources industry.
- Competency with major recognized mining design and scheduling software such as Surpac, XACT or similar.
- High degree of communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of relevant costs and analyse to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options.
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years.
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend