Accounts Documentation Officer
Job no: 498830
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance, Shipping / Sales
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Documentation Officer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to our General Manager – Sales & Marketing, your primary responsibility will be to prepare and maintain all shipping documents and accounts, month end reporting (including bank reconciliations, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and GST) and to prepare full set of shipping documents and present to banks for negotiation under Letter of credit (“LC”) in line with compliance terms and conditions.
With experience in a previous role, and a fluency in Chinese, you will have experience with MYOB and will have the ability to prepare Letter of Credit draft in accordance to the Letter of Credit and contractual terms and incoterms with applicants and liaise with a variety of stakeholders in relation to shipping and sales documentation.
What we expect from YOU
- Input and maintain job registers on daily basis, whilst monitoring and tracking receivables and payment schedule
- Notify and keep buyers updated of vessel nominations, movements and loading status
- Liaise with buyers on all LC, documentation, sales operational and all cargo discharge matters
- Liaise with finance for all documentation and reporting matters
- Liaise with banks on all LC and documentation negotiation and presentation matters
- Maintain accurate records of export insurances and declarations
- Documentation support to Sales and Marketing as required
What YOU will bring
- Significant demonstrated experience and understanding of international trade and incoterms is essential to be considered for this role
- Previous experience with bulk shipping (DSO products)
- Bilingual in English and Chinese preferred
- 5+years’ experience working in a similar role and industry
- A team player and able to work under pressure and to tight, shifting deadlines
- A tertiary qualification in International Trade, Marketing or Business will be highly regarded
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend