Executive General Manager - Procurement
Job no: 498855
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Executive, Contracts & Procurement
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
A senior opportunity has arisen in our Senior Leadership team for an Executive General Manager – Procurement. The Executive General Manager – Procurement will be will be accountable for the overall procurement function across the entire organisation.
- Lead the development of the Procurement function and support continuous improvement of the value chain and the company
- Development of organisational procurement strategy
- Development and management of short, mid, and long term goals and objectives
- Development and improvement of best-practice based processes (e.g., leadership of high-value/strategic sourcing efforts)
- Management of business process outsourcing activities
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Selection and management of procurement systems
- Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Ensuring the adequate provision of resources within the business to execute on purchasing activities
- Procurement governance and standards
- Budget management for categories under management and for procurement itself
Key Role Requirements:
- Western Australian procurement experience within the mining industry is essential
- Minimum of 20 years demonstrated procurement experience
- Heavy Mining Machinery and Earth moving equipment procurement experience essential
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Supply Chain and Logistics preferred
- Proven track record in leadership across the business
- A blend of strategic and “hands on” experience is essential
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including flight discounts, health insurance discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you have a successful track record in getting the best out of people and strong technical experience, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting role. We want to hear from candidates that enjoy working in a dynamic business who will be able to make an immediate impact in this role.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend