Rail Contracts Specialist
Job no: 498918
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Asset Management
MRL is an innovative and leading diversified mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of the mining operations across multiple commodities and locations.
As part of our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide significant opportunity for the learning and development of our people, and to open the door for them to build a long-term career within our business.
If you want to work with a company that thinks different, works different, is different... Then you want to work at MRL.
Because you’re different.
What you can expect from MRL
A brand new opportunity has arisen for a Rail Contracts Specialist for our Rail, Port and Asset Management division.
As a Rail Specialist, you will be required to deliver and implement safe, efficient and cost effective solutions by providing expertise and input into future MRL rail operations. Reporting to the General Manager – Rail, Port and Asset Management, this newly created role will give you the opportunity to you will work in close cohesion with the wider business to ensure the optimisation of trains (train payload, schedule, train length, schedule etc) and ensure the contractual obligations of all business partners are met.
With significant experience in contractor management with the ability to deliver and implement continuous improvement initiatives, you will also be proficient with budgeting and financial reporting systems whilst being able to multitask and juggle several complex projects simultaneously.
Due to the nature of this role, frequent travel to site will be required.
About the role
- Conduct regular reviews with site based teams in respect of their agreed performance objectives including:
- fleet performance and maintenance effectiveness
- maintenance planning and scheduling compliance
- human resources, training and development
- Operational relationships and management
- environmental and quality systems
- Manage the relationships with subcontractors and OEM’s and ensure their management is in accordance with the Contractor Management Plan
- Ensure appropriate budgetary controls are in place to manage financial outcomes
- Visibly display leadership in all business interactions in-line with the MRL Values, and ensure supporting behaviours are practiced by the wider site based teams
- Initiate regular reviews of the project management systems, safety standards and behaviours to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and alignment with MRL and industry best practice
- Hold tertiary or trade qualification
- Demonstrated railway experience (20+ years) with a strong contractual background
- Strong contractor management ability
- Knowledge and understanding of Asset Management principles and standards in a mining environment to ensure fleet maintenance requirements are met
- Proficient with CMMS, ERP and procurement software
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels of an organisation
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including flight discounts, health insurance discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend