Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued growth into FY19/20 and beyond, an opportunity has arisen in our senior leadership team for our Rail, Port and Asset Management division.
As an experienced Rail Manager, you will be able to provide comprehensive leadership and direction to our rail operations across regional Western Australia in areas including safety, production, costs and contractor management, whilst also providing clear direction in alignment with our business strategies.
Based in Applecross and reporting to our General Manager – Rail, Port and Asset Management, you will work in close cohesion with the wider business team by providing insight and input into safe, efficient railways.
With significant experience in a previous large front line operational management position, you will thrive in an incredibly dynamic, agile work environment, whilst being able to multitask and juggle several complex projects simultaneously.
Due to the nature of this role, frequent travel to site will be required.
What we expect from YOU
- Visibly display leadership in all business interactions in-line with the MRL Values, and ensure supporting behaviours are practiced by the wider site based teams
- An ability to engage multiple business partners, ensuring collaboration and delivering a clear vision to meet business targets
- Regularly engage employees regarding safety standards and behaviours to maintain heightened awareness and drive a culture consistent with the MRL Safety Framework
- Initiate regular reviews of the project management systems, safety standards and behaviours to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and alignment with MRL and industry best practice
- Conduct regular reviews with site based teams in respect of their agreed performance objectives including:
- fleet performance and maintenance effectiveness
- maintenance planning and scheduling compliance
- human resources, training and development
- Operational relationships and management
- environmental and quality systems
- Drive efficiency in operations and maintenance activities
- Ensure appropriate budgetary controls are in place to manage financial outcomes
- Mentor leaders on technical, business and behavioural issues
- Manage the relationships with subcontractors and OEM’s
- Ensure that all contractors, working within your area of responsibility, are engaged and managed in accordance with the Contractor Management Plan
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary or trade qualification
- 20+ years industry experience, with significant railway experience
- Proven ability to lead teams
- Sound knowledge of mobile plant cost models
- Strong contractor management ability
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills and possess the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including flight discounts, health insurance discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.