SAP Functional Consultant
Job no: 498982
Work type: Fixed Term
MRL is an innovative and leading diversified mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of the mining operations across multiple commodities and locations.
As part of our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide significant opportunity for the learning and development of our people, and to open the door for them to build a long-term career within our business.
If you want to work with a company that thinks different, works different, is different... Then you want to work at MRL.
Because you’re different.
To support our continued expansion across the business, we are seeking an experienced SAP Functional Consultant to join our team based in Applecross. Working in a fast paced environment, we are looking for a self motivated individual who thrive on a busy and dynamic environment. This position will initially be on a 12-18 month fixed term contract
This newly created role will act as the pivot or intermediary between end-users the Payroll Team and HR Team to ensure that business/user requirements are delivered in the MRL SAP solution.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be a crucial team member responsible for developing, maintain and enhancing existing SAP application configuration requirements and looking to implement new SAP configuration requirements.
About the Role:
- Meeting with user groups to gather and analyse end user requirements.
- Analysing current processes and data and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Designing, coding and testing SAP program to meet business requirements
- Developing functional specifications that design and document desired outcome of system enhancement/development
- Producing technical specifications to communicate user requirements in technical terms to analyst programmers/project team.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development.
- Preparing material and providing training and assistance to end-users following implementation of configuration
- Strong ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development life cycle
- Technical knowledge of SAP architecture, programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions
- Sound technical specification writing/documentation skills
- An appreciation of both IT and business strategy
- Strong customer service focus
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend