General Manager - Yilgarn
Job no: 499062
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Project / Mine Management
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, minerals processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple
A senior opportunity has arisen in our Management team for General Manager – Yilgarn. The role will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of all MRL sites in the Yilgarn region. Specifically, you will be accountable for the operations, encompassing all sections, works areas and sub-contractors.
- To fulfil the statutory obligations of Registered Manager
- Provide effective leadership to achieve planned objectives
- Lead the technical, operational and maintenance teams for the project and ensure compliance to budget parameters achieve agreed benchmark
- Performance levels of cost, efficiency and output rates are realised through effective allocation of resources and scheduling.
- Ensure targets are reached in a safe professional manner whilst ensuring all activities comply with the relevant regulatory requirements and are in accordance with Business Management Systems.
- To ensure an effective, best practice planned and unplanned maintenance system is implemented and maintained that achieves the company and site objectives set
- Ultimate oversight of the maintenance function for the site
- Operations scheduling and mine planning
- Developing and enforcing grade control procedures
- Direction of mining personnel in their day to day activities of drilling, blasting and hauling ore
- Ensuring a safe and healthy working environment
- Technical input into the development or acquisition of new mining equipment and planning or undertaking maintenance on mobile plant
Key Role Requirements:
- Creating a work environment that is compliance to all applicable statutory obligations
- Lead the development and implementation of required systems and processes (aligned with company standards) to ensure targets are achieved in line with expectations
- In consultation with corporate personnel, create and adhere to approved project schedules, plans, budgets and timelines for construction, operational readiness, safety, quality, environment and human resources.
- To produce a safely operated site, through adherence to MRL policies, procedures and the site HSE Management Plan, and demonstrating leadership in all safety related matters.
- To ensure the efficient availability and utilization of people, assets and equipment, and promote best industry practice to achieve all operational targets of productivity, quality and cost.
- To lead direct and indirect teams on site, creating a performance culture conducive to a safe and efficient operation.
- Provide reports on performance, work areas, downtime, safety and personnel as directed.
- Early and ongoing engagement and leadership with project teams & subcontractors, implementing and managing mutually agreed performance and operating strategies.
If you have a successful track record in getting the best out of people and strong technical services experience, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
We want to hear from candidates that enjoy working in a dynamic business who will be able to make an immediate impact in this role.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend